Our dentists provide general dental care that cover a broad range of treatment, which include:
- Examinations & dental x-rays
- General scaling and cleaning
- Preventative dental treatment
- Fissure sealants
- Fluoride treatment
- Emergency dental treatment for tooth aches, broken fillings and broken/cracked teeth
- Dental extractions
- General anaesthetics
- Management of wisdom teeth
- Tooth fillings (white)
- Tooth replacement options including dentures, bridges and dental implants
Cosmetic Dentistry & Tooth Whitening
Our dentists and dental specialists enjoy seeing you smile and feel confident about your teeth.
Our cosmetic/aesthetic dental care can range from:
- Altering the shape and colour of teeth
- Teeth whitenings
- Building on worn teeth
- Veneers, crowns and bridges
- Replacement of missing or lost teeth with dentures, bridges or dental implants
- Management of stained or discoloured fillings
Veneers, Crowns & Bridges
Veneers, crowns and bridges can be used for both functional and cosmetic purposes.
Veneers and crowns can be beneficial as they after often used to:
- Improve the shape and position of teeth
- Block out or mask discoloured teeth
- Reinforce and strengthen teeth to prevent cracks from developing
- Conventional bridges
- Maryland/Resin-bonded bridges
Bridges can be a very effective and cosmetically-pleasing tooth replacement options also. We offer:
Periodontal disease is a common disease of the gums, which affect approximately 10% of the adult population, and generally increases with age. In rarer forms, it can also affect young children.
Untreated periodontal disease can cause bad breath, receding gums, mobility and movement of teeth, gum infections/abscesses and loss of teeth.
Our dental hygienst, dentists and periodontist (gum specialist) provide comprehensive periodontal care which includes:
- Clinical periodontal analysis
- Scaling and cleaning
- Root debridement
- Crown lengthening
- Grafting procedures
- Surgical periodontal procedures including surgical root debridement
Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment, otherwise as endodontics, is an excellent treatment option which allows us to retain teeth that would otherwise require an extraction.
Although many people can be skeptical about root canal treatment, it has proven to have a very good long term outcome if completely correctly, and if it is restored well (often with a crown).
Our dentists are experienced in root canal treatment and use evidence-based techniques.
Our services in this area include:
- Relief of pain
- Root canal treatment on front and back teeth
- Root canal re-treatment
- Internal bleaching (for lightening of a discoloured, root canal treated tooth)
Wide Referral Network
Sometimes, it is necessary for to refer to a dental specialist, to ensure that you are receiving the care that your require.
We assure you that if we cannot help you, we will find someone who will.
Our dentists at Bakery Hill Dental have a wide referral network of dental specialists in Ballarat, Geelong and Melbourne, including:
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Oral Medicine Specialists
- Paediatric Dentists
- Special Needs Dentists
- Sleep Physicians
- ENT Specialists